Thursday, August 12, 2021

1914 ALCO 0-6-0 (#54754) in Laurel, MS (2017)

This was one of our sadder places to stop, just because of the condition of this poor train. This 1914 ALCO 0-6-0 had seen better days that's for sure.





Front of the boiler had rusted out



Formerly Illinois Central #268

Luckily(?) for me, someone had actually left the gate open 
and I was able to scarily climb into the cab.
I almost fell straight through to the ground.

Floor rusted straight through






While trying to find anything to identify the year and type of train, I snapped this pic. The plate is circled in red in the above two photographs.


Later on after editing I saw how cool it was because it showed the level of where the crown sheet was on this train. Neato.

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment