Wednesday, August 11, 2021

1930 Baldwin 2-8-2 (#61291) in Sylvester, GA

This may have been the train that started it all. I went past this train year after year since it was on my back-and-forth route from Phenix City, AL to Disney. This train is in Jeffords Park at the corner of HWY 82 (520) and Main Street in Sylvester, GA.

I took these shots years ago when I stopped for gas, and they were okay, but years later I got upgraded ones.








********************************************************************************

Updated pics (and video!)

Once I got really going with my YouTube channel I had to stop and document this train with much more detail. Here's that video:


The loco had obviously been repainted and cleaned up since my original pics.





The GAS&G ran from Ashburn, GA through Sylvester to Camilla, GA. The GAS&C was a subsidiary of the Georgia Northern Railway which was eventually purchased by the Southern Railway.

Best view I could get of the cab













********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment