Tuesday, August 17, 2021

1922 ALCO 0-4-0T+T at the Gold Coast Railroad Museum

Tell me if you've heard this before: 
Sarah and I went to a train museum. 
It was closed.
It rained.



We drove past the Gold Coast Railroad Museum in Miami, FL just to see what we could see. We picked the wrong weekend to go so we knew it was closed ahead of time (for the Polar Express prep), but hoped we could still access the grounds and see a few trains. Well we did. Kinda.



There was a caboose on display out in the parking lot so there was that.



You can see it was all dressed up for the holiday season. And...one of the workers cleaning the area left the gate open. I couldn't pass that up and went right right through. All I could really see was this off to the side (with a very creepy Santa)



I wasn't sure if it was an actual train or just something they threw together for the kids to play on. Checking the website though, I did find one train that matched up with the specs.


This is actually a 1922 ALCO 0-4-0T+T (#63253).


And then they guy threw me out.

********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment